Sunday, September 13, 2009

upcycling fun


Upcycling is defined by wikipedia as "a component of sustainability in which waste materials are used to provide new products. It is generally a reinvestment in the environment. "Upcycling is the practice of taking something that is disposable or downcycled and transforming it into something of greater use and value." This process allows for the reduction of waste and virgin material use."




I had a beautiful old OLD dress in my closet. It is older than my Mother who is 50.
Sorta this style ( I really should have taken a picture before hand)


So since its been in my possession forever now, and I really have no use for it at all... I did the unthinkable and took the siccors to it and made yet another baby carrier. I had beautiful orange satin sitting around for the past two years, I finally found its purpose. I had enough of both materials to make myself a podaegi, my daughter for her dolls



and ofcourse Cinderella needed one too!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed with your creativity and skillz...

Candace Novakowski said...

thankyou :)