Monday, August 2, 2010

World Breastfeeding Week!



I figured I would make a post about my two favorite things, breastfeeding and babywearing. babywearing can be a wonderful tool to help aid in breastfeeding on demand. One of the things I found is that if I am out and my son is hungry, all I have to do is wrap him on my front and I can nurse and continue on my merry way!


How wonderful is this!


Some women still are uncomfortable of NIP (nursing in public), when nursing in a wrap, you can do it discreetly if you choose too. A great first carry to learn to breastfeed in a wrap is demonstrated in this youtube video www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTS3wd2BbV8


Now, heres a little fun! Are you one of those moms who has a nursing toddler and you are thinking, "gosh, I always wear my child on my back, how can I breastfeed in my wrap?"

Well, a member of the babywearer.com's forums started a discussion on this that I was so excited to participate in.

A double hammock rebozo carry is a great way to breastfeed while your child is on your back. Though a bit strage, it is possible! This is the video I did in response to the thread.



Happy breastfeeding and happy babywearing!






No comments: